It’s almost renewal time once again for many health care practitioners. If this is your renewal cycle, please note the following information provided by the Florida Board of Medicine, which can help you avoid some of the most common delays encountered with license renewals.
It is important to remember the upcoming renewal is the first to have mandatory continuing medical education reporting requirements. If you have not done so, please activate your account with CE Broker and ensure that all required CME you have completed for this renewal has been uploaded.
Most of the medical practitioners renewing will be required to submit the following:
- Completed renewal application
- Required fees
- Evidence that you have practiced medicine or have been on the active faculty of an accredited medical school for at least two years of the immediately preceding four years
- Completion of Financial Responsibility form
- Completion of Physician Workforce Survey
- Verification of Physician Profile
- Verification of your current status relating to prescribing controlled substances for the treatment of chronic non-malignant pain
Limited License and Area of Critical Need (ACN) license holders will renew their license by paper application. A verification of employment letter from the medical director of the ACN facility must be submitted along with the renewal application. Approved ACN facilities are defined in Florida Statutes 458.3151(2) and a full list of approved facilities can be found here. Physicians who hold a Limited License or an ACN license and practice medicine strictly on a volunteer basis must also submit a notarized fee waiver affidavit to waive their renewal fees.
More information can be found on the Florida Board of Medicine’s website. Early preparation for your renewal can help to avoid unforeseen delays which could affect your licensure. Don’t wait until the last minute. The renewal window will open in October, so start preparing today!